Wednesday, December 18, 2013

back to the 4x4s

My first tempo endurance workout of the month.   It's been 19 days since I did this workout so I've some catching up to do.

Sunny and crisp at 1pm on the Sewanee Coughlan Track.  About 45º but not much wind, so it felt warmer.   I was able to train in short tights and my sleeveless net T.   Calves still sore from the stairs 3 days ago.
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 400m w/ 2 min rest - 67, 69, 75, 78
Of course the last two were a bitch and thats really where my time off shows.  But, it was comparable to what I have been doing.  My hip issue is still there, but not bad.  Sort of reminds me of that pubalgia thing I had.  A bother, but not bad enough to keep me off the track.   I do know aggressive speed work will make it worse so I will probably limit that for a while.  Need to keep in mind that this is still very early season.   I did a little resistance work yesterday (one set), and will continue that.

Very heavy today, over 144 this morning.

MTSU Coach Hayes picked up another honor this week.   (Thanks Randall for the link).

I'm hoping that some rain and warmer temperatures this weekend in NY will melt the foot of snow on the track.  It's supposed to be over freezing 3 days in a row there, so maybe I'll not have to shovel snow from the track.




No comments:

Post a Comment