Friday, December 6, 2013

pre race day #1 (updated)

The college track season begins.   I received Coach Hayes's one word email last night and it said, "Yes."

My expectations are low.   Haven't run in 3 days since my hip issue gets better each day I don't run.   It's still not 100%, but will be good to go.   I signed up for both the 400m and 200m.  Not my favorite track, but 5 min from my house.   My best there is 57.40.  So, that is my goal, to surpass that, which is actually my 2nd fastest 400m indoors.  Only my 55.90 at Nationals 2012 was faster.  I've run three 400m races there:  58.93, 57.74, 57.40.  Last year, I ran 57.74 in this meet.

I am at race weight.  140.2 this morning ... and it was no picnic (heh) to get here.   I was 146.6 just 3 1/2 days ago.  (note:  proportionally, that would be like my dad losing 10.3 lbs ... in 3 1/2 days).   Not fasting, not hungry.  Diet for the past 2 days:
Wed:
tea + raw sugar, 1/2 c. yogurt with nuts and raisins, 4 figs, 1 head lettuce, 1 zucchini, large can tuna  
Thurs.:
tea + raw sugar, protein shake, 4 figs, 1 head lettuce, 1 can fish, cappuccino
I'll go to the Murphy Center tonight to do a light warmup and maybe some starts.   I'm going to configure one set of spikes with pyramids and one with xmas trees.   Murphy Center is a pyramid spike track.

UPDATE:
Light workout at the Murphy Center tonight.  Did 4 or 5 starts with the new shoes and ran some 100s on the turn.  Felt fine, the hip issue is ok, barely noticeable.  Shoes feel good, a little tight.  Crowns stayed on.  Not feeling real fit, need some fuel in my tank.

Less I eat, the less I want to eat.   Need to eat some carbs tonight, weighed 139.6 after workout.  (loss of 7 lbs in 4 days!).    

1 comment: