Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Stairs





I wanted to do this workout on Monday night but I couldn't bring myself to leave the beautiful mountain any sooner than I had to.  I wanted to do 2 track workouts before the weekend and that means working on consecutive days, so track tomorrow and Friday ... I guess.  See how my ankle feels tomorrow.







Arrived at MTSUs Floyd Stadium at 5:55 am, it was a nice 65º.  
Saucony Virrata trainers on 
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
15 x stadium stair sprints
It was hard.  I'm a long ways away from being able to do 26 like I once did.  I need to supplement this with some resistance work in preparation for speed.   I need to work the glutes and ads to keep away the pubalgia, and work the hip flexors and hams to prepare to sprint.    With just over 3 weeks before my first 400m race, I'm thinking I may go from my 800s to 600s this week with a little more tempo.  It will be just as hard, but instead of running at a 22 sec/100m pace, I'll be able to shoot for an 18 sec/100m  pace, more running on my toes.

I'm still well over race weight - 146 lbs.   It's sooooo hard to shed this last 5 lbs.   It may take all of the next 2 weeks to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment