Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chompin'

Ready to hit the track in a few weeks, but next week, I'm planning to try a session on the stadium stairs.   The new training shoes feel great.  Just did 2 x 30m high knee sprint form runs on the street and everything felt fine.  For the first 2 weeks, I'll just do a stadium stair session once a week.  Then I'll request xrays and clearance to run from the Dr.   We'll see how it goes.  I have $750 in medical bills to pay from my CT scan and my Exogen.  This injury has cost me well over a thousand $ out of pocket ... even with insurance.

I've been busy so have missed cardio work but have been doing glute busting and adductor work.  Resistance bands and one leg plyo leaps from a high step.   Also did a lengthy hike on Sunday, about 10 miles in Sewanee.   My weight has come down slightly - 148ish.

Good luck to my fellow masters track guys and especially the TN contingent - Dan, Mark, Randall, etc... for a great USATF Masters National Championship meet in KS this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment