Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sewanee meet spectator

I went to the Sewanee indoor track meet to watch today. Weird to be there as a spectator. I saw Don Drummond there from ATC. He is the USATF Indoor M40 champion in the 60m and 60m hurdles. Last year he won the hurdles at this meet and was 2nd in the prelims today. I didn't hang for the finals. Good to see Randall Brady there as the starter, an M65 masters sprinter himself. UPDATE: 43 yr old Don Drummond WON the 55m hurdles event in 7.80. He also ran a 6.90 55m, #1 M40 time this season... go Don!

Today, it was too wet to hike. I'm sore in the calves and few other places from stairs and resistance work. So, I took the day off ... save for 2 exercises that I should do every day:
2 x 2 x 15-20 - adductor and abductor resistance bands
These resistance band (cuff around shoe) target the weak groin and will help prevent reinjury. I still feel a very slight tinge of discomfort in the left groin but only when exercising it. The pain goes away completely after one set of exercises. It was the right decision not to race today. I definitely would like to do the 55m and 400m at the MTSU Valentine Invite next weekend, a rare Saturday evening meet.

Going to be on the Sewanee track tomorrow morning to do some long sprint tempo endurance work. Maybe do some 500s. We'll see. Want to do speed endurance on Tues, maybe some blocks with the team on Wed., and some shorter fast stuff on Thurs. Friday will be off or light. Probably good to have a meet every other week this month so as to make some training gains.




No comments:

Post a Comment