Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Quantity sprints


Nice to be in Sewanee for a weekday workout. Unlike MTSU, it's quiet, no parking hassles. It was partly sunny, mid 50sº and no one else on the track. Feeling slightly sore from resistance on Tues and also heavy from a big Valentine's celebration, I was slow to warm up.

I wanted to do several 300s at around 45, trying to run even 15 sec 100m splits. (Yea right). I was close on the first 2. After 4x, my rest interval began to slip. It was still hard.

800m warmup, dynamic stretches, drills

Adidas spikes on

7 x 300 - 45.5, 46, 48.5, 50, 48.5, 50, 51
(rest intervals, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4+)

Despite the slow times on the last few, I really did push the last 100m.

Indoor Nationals
Well, it looks like I'm pretty much out of the running for a medal in this year's Nationals unless I deliver a PR performance and the big guns do badly or do not show. This year looks to be extremely competitive. Registration is open unil Friday but already I see on the entry list 3 former world champions, and notably, M50 world record holder in the 60m - V. Barnwell, who is returning from a 2 year doping suspension. I expect to see a whole lot more entries in the next 2 days. Oh well. Hope to make it to the finals at least. The 60m will be exceptionally competitive, especially if both Sullivan and Eaton show up. Doesn't matter how much or how well I train, will never run as fast as those guys, but that's ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment