Friday, February 10, 2012

Pre race day - indoor meet #4

Was going to run today but had rain changing to snow and generally crappy weather. Just getting over a cold so I stayed in.
----
UPDATE: I felt like I needed to do something this evening so I did my dynamic stretches and ran a 400 on the street at 85%. Felt pretty hard. Aerobic conditioning always seems a deficiency for me. Need to keep the endurance workouts.
---
For this meet, I'll keep expectations low. Not going to worry about my lack of training this week, my weight, or much else. Just going to go out and blast tomorrow night. We'll see what happens. I will try to get a real good warmup tomorrow. Humbling to look at last year's results. - the slowest 400m time was 52.26.

I requested from Dean Hayes to run the 400 and 200. He never responds to my email or confirms, so I just hope to see my name on the heat sheets. Won't know if I'm running til I get there.

This coming week, the Masters Nationals entry deadline is Thursday. It'll be interesting to see the flood of entries coming in. The 60m looks very competitive so far, the 400m - not as of yet. Glad to see Bill Collins is registered in M60. He was ill and out for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment