Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Resistance - new stuff



Getting stronger and lighter. Felt a little ab soreness after yesterday's road work, but today it feels good. Able to do direct ab strengthening work - like hanging ab raises with no pain.

I'm including an important previously neglected exercise: calf raises on the toes (with ball of foot on a step). I think 3 x 30 with one foot at a time should be good. (so each calf does full body weight 90x). Two exercises that are targeting the ab indirectly are oblique/ab twists with resistance from lunge position, adductor and hip flexor resistance bands. I've also upped the Bulgarian (single leg) squats to 3 x 20 with 50 lbs each leg.

All the usual upper body. Did 20 pull ups today in my first set, more than ususal.

Body weight still 146 lbs., but should be below 145 by next week.

I wish I could get my dad to exercise, even just 10 min every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment