Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dodging rain - road miles and resistance

On a rainy warm early afternoon, I waited for a break in the rain to hit the pavement. Quite sore in the glutes and medial hamstrings from yesterday's 2 x 20 Bulgarian squats with 50 lbs, I decided to go three miles. Not a great effort but a good sweat and some necessary calorie burning.

Light stretches

3 miles - 23:38 (7:52 pace)

I've not exhibited much self control on diet - I attended a nice wedding on the mountain with Iska and didn't spare the skillet apple pie and German chocolate cake. I was 152.4 on Sunday night, several 'evacuations' later, I was 4.4 lbs lighter in just 12 hrs. - 148.0 Monday afternoon.

After workout today I am 146.2

I don't think workouts like this are particularly helpful so I'm going to keep the mileage to 2 miles or less in the future. Bill Collins recommends occassional 3 mile runs in under 24 min in the off season.

Inventory:

Quite sore in the upper medial hams and glutes. Felt 'the injury' a little more than last week, probably due to the speed workout. Still not bad. Comes and goes. May wait til Sat for my next track workout.

KUDOS:
To my nephew Kris who completed his second Phily Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment