Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Off to the Nationals !!



It's time!

Tomorrow, I go to Cleveland for the United States Track and Field Association Masters National Championships.

Seems appropriate for me that the meet logo contains a guitar.

What a journey it has been. I feel good and ready. My ab soreness has abated somewhat, not disappeared, but certainly not bad. On Sunday morning after the Sat races, I'd rate my ab pain at about a '6' out of 10 (worst). Today, it was about a '3' but after a half mile jog / sprint-jog, lots of dynamic stretches, lunges, hops, and sprinter drills, the pain is down to a '2' and by race time on Thurs, should be nearly gone. My legs are fine. The slight after-race soreness from the past weekend's meet is gone. I'm ready to blast. My weight is good, 138.4. Whatever happens, I would love to at least run a PR.

Today, I changed out my forbidden Christmas tree spikes for the permitted pyramids. Don't want to take any chances on a DQ. The Super X Mondo track is supposed to be spectacular. Lanes have different colors, red and gold. I hope I get a gold lane. (I predict lane 5, which is red).

Looking forward to seeing my parents there. Should be a great experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment