Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back on track 7/6/11

After a day off (7/5), I was up at 4:40am to return to the track. After the hot tub and juice, I did some stretching to target the abs and groin.

I got to the track at 5am, well before sunrise. It was 72ยบ and placid. I saw my neighbor Steve on the street running with a few guys on my way... bringing back memories of those 5k days.

I ran a 3 lap warmup and immediately felt the ab, it wasn't bad and it got better with each lap. I decided it's time for an endurance workout since I was not ready to sprint fast.

1200 warmup, dynamic stretches, drills

spikes on

sprints @ 60%

100m strider

4 x 400m - 2 min rest in between: 72,69, 73, 78

I could have run this in training shoes but I think the spikes allow me to run more on my toes with better form. I was strict with the rest time and by the 4th 400, I was breathing hard at the start.
I was going to also run the stadium stairs today but this workout was hard since I am out of shape and heavy - about 143. The ab feels fine, I really feel nearly recovered and should be 100% by next week. I may do stadium stairs tomorrow and run faster on Fri. I am encouraged. These next few weeks are important and need to be handled carefully, balancing - recovery from the injury, and pushing the training to a higher level.

No comments:

Post a Comment