Sunday, September 6, 2020

Not running ; (

 One week of not running and it seems like a month.  It seems so long ago that I last ran, but it's only been a week.   However, it's the first full week of no running I think since January, about 7 1/2 months.  I've already gained a few lbs.  I did go swimming Friday afternoon, and to the gym Friday night where I  did the 25 min Stairmaster and a 2000m row on the Concept 2 rower.  But even this is nothing compared to running workouts.  I'd have to be doing this type of workout everyday to compensate for not running every other day.  

What I'm going to do beginning next week is to go to the track and do my usual warm up and some band work.  Just the strengthening and stretching is important.  Maybe not even run at first, but then eventually start at least one running workout a week on turf, or on the hill or stairs.  

I'll continue to ride my bike and swim if I can, although it looks like swimming weather may be coming to an end fairly soon, unlike last year where Sept was incredibly hot.  It's still swimmable, but the overnight lows are sometimes hitting the low 60ºs.  Planing to do a big bike climb a week from tomorrow at Raccoon Mtn.    

I relaxed a bit on my diet this weekend, eating some carbs, fried food, and pastry.  A deadly combination.  Probably still about 145.  

No comments:

Post a Comment