Friday, September 18, 2020

Back on turf

 Perfect weather for training in Sewanee.  70º daytime, mid 50ºs tonight.  I was going to wait a bit before running, but no.  I went back and did a little.  

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands

250 warmup

4 x 100m on turf w/ 30 sec rest ~15-17

2 x 150m on turf w/ 35 sec rest ~ 22 low

150m on turf - 20.29

isometric resistance bands - hip flexors

It felt ok, a little clunky, and I am not in the shape I was in July.  The isometric band work really makes everything feel good, so I should do these more often. 

I don't know if it is worth it to train for an Oct 31 meet with the hope of an indoor season.  I seriously doubt it.  If the covid projections are even close, I seriously doubt there will be any indoor collegiate track, and if there is, they will likely not accept unattached.  There are quite a few indoor meets scheduled, but only 1 in AL that accepts unattached in Jan.  That's a long time away and USATF Indoor Championships will likely be canceled, since the venue was canceled.  

I just saw the Armory meets they're having ... 3 in the next 3 weeks.  I wish I had known about these before, since I'm not in shape to even run in the last one Oct 8.  First one next Thurs.  I love that track!  I probably couldn't run anyway if I flew in.  I'd have to quarantine.

I hope the US gets it's act together with covid, or enact a testing procedure to allow US Masters to go to Finland to compete this summer for World Championships in July.   I was recently stunned when a local elite athlete friend of mine came out with all this BS on FB about the pandemic essentially being 'a hoax' and a 'manufactured Soros funded Chinese virus.'  With attitudes like that, America doesn't have much of a chance, and we can forget about Masters Nationals til at least summer '21 or probably '22.  

I seriously violated my diet yesterday by eating a half lb of fried potato wedges with my Publix half sub.   Haven't had french fries or fried potatoes in almost a year.  

Nevertheless, 144.1 lbs after workout.  Not too bad, and I've eaten light today.    




No comments:

Post a Comment