Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Cross training, a little running today

Friday and Monday I swam across the lake and did stair master.  Predictably, sore from stadium stairs for a few days.  Today, I biked up Roarkes Cove Rd.  but before that, I went to the track to do a full warm up and test out the wheels:


Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills

4 x 100m on turf


It felt ok, no knee pain at all.  I have been feeling a slight deep abdominal issue similar to the old pubalgia that I had in '11.  Not bad though.  I think I'll be ready to start 2x a week running on turf by Monday.  

Hanging in at about 145 lbs.  

2 comments:

  1. Thought you'd be curious about this new 3-meet indoor series in NYC.

    https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/NewYork/NYRRNightattheRaces1

    Lots of sprinting for this distance-focused organizer. Interesting that this is going on in the fall. Maybe they're worried about a second CoVid wave in the winter, when these are usually held. Might be better just to have them outside at Icahn or somewhere. The rules are pretty tight to try to prevent infections.
    Good luck with your training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn... I wish I had known about these meets sooner. I have been taking a break and won't be ready to race in less than 3 weeks.

      Delete