Friday, July 10, 2020

turf 150s, 300s

Perfect weather, mid 70ºs and mostly clear, light winds, track to myself.   I did some cautious sprints tonight and it went well, although not particularly fast.
Hoka trainers on 
stretches, drills 
3 x 100m strides 
more stretches, drills 
3 x 150m on turf w/ 30 sec rest ~ 24 
2 x 300m on track - 46.96, 46.35 
band work

Last time I ran, I felt a little pain in the ham so tonight I wanted to be sure to not push it.   If I reinjure the ham,  I won't race for a month.  So, I kept my speed to no faster than 14 high 100m pace.  I hadn't run on the track in weeks and it felt good to run some 300s, smooth, under control, not pushing real hard, probably about 62-63 400m pace.  I do think this every third day and lack of speed work has compromised my 400m fitness somewhat.  With all the biking and swimming, I'm definitely fit, but that doesn't mean '400m fit'. 

After this workout, I really felt like I could do more tonight, but it's alway that extra one where injury sometimes happens.  So, happy to walk away in good shape and get back out sooner.   I did some band work on my ham and felt only a very slight soreness still.  I did some good massage with the gun and a bar afterward.  Should be running fast in a week.   I may go out again on Sunday if I feel ok. 


140.8 lbs after workout.  Lightest I've been in a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment