Saturday, July 16, 2016

USATF Masters Athletes' Awards Banquet, 2016

Lapel pin
Friday night, at the Double Tree Hotel in Grand Rapids, I had a comp ticket for the annual Masters Awards Banquet.  It was a nice occasion, good food, and camaraderie.    Inducted into the Masters Hall of Fame was Oscar P., the 6'5" M60 sprinter.    Anselm was honored as the overall male Athlete of the Year and several of us received awards for Athlete of the Year in our age group.

I imagine I'll likely not ever get an award like this again, but you never know.   Very few athletes have won the same event both indoor and outdoor in 2016.  Plus, if I'm able to snag a medal at the World Masters Championships, you never know.  I think Leslie (800m) and I might be the only ones to do that, among those in this photo.

Here are some photos of the group and the schwag...


Men and Women 50-59 USATF Age Group Athletes of the Year
Behind me - Alan in red, Lonnie in blue, Leslie in orange and Sue on Alan's right








No comments:

Post a Comment