Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Back to bleak

After racing last weekend in 85º and spending time in FL, it was back to the late winter bleakness of TN.  45º, dark and breezy on the Dean Hayes track this morning.  Usually 45º doesn't feel cold to me but today it did.   This was the first substantial workout I had done in a while.  Nothing fast.  Did a 3 set resistance workout last night.
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
5 x 300m - 45.5, 45, 45, 47, 45.5
It wasn't too bad since I took at least 5 min recovery in between.   Still felt like a lot.  Was cold enough to spend my time in between in the heated mens room at the track.

Surprisingly, I didn't gain too much weight after the meet, despite the cannolis and gelato.  145.2 lbs after workout.

Next meet is 9 days away at Vanderbilt.  I'll again do the 100/200 double.  It is kind of an odd meet in that the 200 is Friday evening, and the 100 is Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment