Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Day off, swim, resistance

First day of no running in 5 days.  Swam across the lake, did some squats, pullups, pushups, core work.  

Nationals is coming up.  I race the semis 2 weeks from tomorrow.  As a preview of my competition, the Nat'l Senior Games will be run early next week.  

Got bumped to 6th in the World Rankings, the Belgian / Netherlands champion ran 58.75.  Might be a good goal for this weekend's race.  Frankly, I'd be lucky to remain in the top 10 by season's end.  European Masters championships aren't until late Sept.  Sure would be great to go.  

Sat's meet is another huge youth meet.  I'll probably be the only racer over age 25 there.  In my open division, just me and two 49-50 sec college guys.  Hard to know when I'll be racing.   

Due to possible evening music rehearsals and to get a little heat training, I'll go out in the hotter part of the day tomorrow.  It's been forever since I did any blocks, acceleration, or max velocity stuff so tomorrow I may hit that a bit if it feels ok.  

Shawn sent me my Sat. finish photo from the timer.  Looks like 58.96 to me.  Surely my torso hit the line .001 before this photo.  


Also, that video that I quoted from on my last post was in error when it said no man less than 6' tall has run under 44 sec. FALSE. Rusheen McDonald Jamaican record holder (43.93) is 5'7". Yousef Ahmed Masrahi is 5'9" (43.93). Lee Evans is 5'11" (43.86). Larry James 5'11" (43.97).

No comments:

Post a Comment