Thursday, July 13, 2023

2x100, 2x200 tempo

Nice weather continues in Sewanee, although humid but not especially hot.  80º, dewpoint 73º, mostly sunny and calm winds.  Wanted to keep the volume down, run fast, and do at least one brief conditioning set.  (All sprints rolling - 3 step)

Hoka trainers on

stretches, 100m, bands, drills, plyos, bounds

Adidas trainers on

2 x 100m - 12.97, 12.48

2 x 200m w/ 30 sec rest between - 27.09, 29.53

Adidas spikes on 

starts from blocks - reaction times range 0.180 - 0.239 sec

Yesterday, I rested completely.  Did nothing except for a few pullups.  I had an evening music performance and afterward we went out to the Chinese buffet and even so, I still weighed less than 140 lbs this morning.  Eating more carbs... bread, sweet potato.  

My focus was relaxed form, minimal effort, speed.  Fairly satisfied with the times.  The 2x2 w/ 30sec was a good brief conditioning set.   I pushed it, 400m race pace.  Good sweat.  Would think running these times I should be able to be in the mid 58s.  

Today, before the workout, I did quite a bit of gravel raking and spreading, good ab workout.  I've been a fan of the sprinter/coach on youtube known as ATHLETE.X.   He has some great training ideas and diagnostics for sprinters.  I did some fast band work I learned from his site, (i.e. hamstring tantrums, etc...).   I think this fast movement / light resistance stuff is good.  One of the things that is really hard for me to work on is leg stiffness and reactive plyos (i.e. pogos, etc...).   It is my weak link in that it hits the foot really hard.  Did some today and the foot is feeling it.

I was going to run one timed 100m from blocks on the turn but I waited too long, when I took off I felt light headed and weird, so I shut it down.   I'm hoping to swim tomorrow.   Race Sat.

138.8 lbs after workout.  


No comments:

Post a Comment