Monday, July 10, 2023

bike climb

Beautiful day in Sewanee, not too hot, about 80º.   Thinking about the things I haven't been doing lately, bike climbs were on of them, so on my track day off, I busted butt on the bike up the mountain and set a PR for the Roark's Cove Rd climb.  18:48.   It was pretty much a hard if not maximum effort.  It eclipsed my previous PR by 40+ sec.   Afterward, I took a short dip in the lake.  

I hear that this has been the hottest summer on record, but weather is very localized.  In Sewanee, it has not been over 90º yet this year.  It's only been over 85º six times so far.

I really have to start sleeping better.  Been waking up 3:30 - 4:30 to go to the bathroom then not getting back to quality sleep after.  Not enough.  

Tomorrow is the Nat'l Sr Games finals in the 400m.   My competitors are certainly in shape.   Four ran prelim times ranging from 59.8 to 61.7.   I think we'll definitely see some guys under 59 in the Final tomorrow. 

139.4 lbs after biking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment