Thursday, July 27, 2023

Back on the track. Home project.

After 2 days of difficult and taxing work installing a new fireplace insert, I returned to the track today.  After yesterday's project, I was beat.  Sore, everything hurt, but I got it done.  Saved myself easily a grand by installing this myself.  I paid some teenagers to help me lift the 400lb cast iron appliance up the stairs.  By last night, I thought I'd never run again.  But, I took most of the day off and relaxed, swam across the lake, then took a nap.  Hit the track in the evening.

Low 80ºs and humid at the Sewanee track.  Calm winds.  Wasn't sure how it would feel but it was ok.  Was going to do some easy running but I did run fast and stayed in the Hokas.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 100m

2x100m - 15.24, 13.35

300m - 43.96

200m - 27.70

I ran the last 200m with a 14 yr old kid who was trying out some new spikes.   I ran the first 100m slow, about 14 high, then blasted the last 100m and beat him by 10m.   

I felt ok, except of course my foot hurt afterward, but it was fine.  Makes me think I WILL race again this season.  Not 100% sure yet.  Will decide this weekend probably.  May run Canadian Nationals in Vancouver then vacation in the mountains.  

Pete messaged me and asked me if I wanted to try for the 4x800m relay WR.  I'm not inclined to want to do that.  He's so hellbent on it that he's even offered me $300 to fly to VA on Labor Day to give it a try.  Maybe we can try it in Atlanta at the end of Aug.

I really have to make sure I respect my off days this late in the season, and run no more than every other day.  

140.3 lbs after workout.  

This is my finished home project.  It involved a lot of work on the roof.  Must have gone up the ladder 25+ times.  Heavy metal.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment