Friday, April 21, 2023

Shake out, light workout

I'm a go in the 200m for tomorrow's Sewanee college track meet.  I don't feel as in good a shape as I was in Poland, and with the slow track and a head wind, probably run in the mid 26s tomorrow.  Just want to survive uninjured and have a good time.

I love this time of year, school pretty much over except for a few days.  Penn relays next week. 

70º and gusty S wind at the Sewanee track.   I just did a standard warmup, an untimed 150, and some starts.

Hoka trainers on

Stretches, drills, bands, 2x100

150m - moderately hard

5 starts from blocks / 30m acceleration - 3 with spikes - reaction times (ms) 242, 178, 182

I could tell by the 150, I've lost a bit of fitness.  Reaction times with the SprintStarter app, not bad.  

I have lane 2 tomorrow and I'm about the slowest in my heat save for one guy in lane 8.  Everyone in my heat is not superfast, only one guy below 25, so I'll be in the race.

At least I've got my weight back to a reasonable level after some days of eating light.

140.1 lbs after workout.  


No comments:

Post a Comment