Sunday, April 9, 2023

Back on the track

 Finally, an upcoming stretch of good weather.   After 2 days of cold and rain, it was nice to sprint shirtless.  Mid 60ºs and mostly sunny.   

I'm still a bit sick fighting a cold, sneezing and coughing.  I thought I may had got covid since I traveled without a mask, but I took 3 home tests and all were negative.  To be sure, I tested at CVS too.   I did feel fine on the track.

I was surprised to run pretty fast today.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, bands, 2x100

Adidas trainers on

300m - 42.37 (26.90, 15.47)

150m - 19.88

100m - 12.74

50m - 6.82

I did all these rolling except the 50m, which was from the line.  The 300m was pretty much race pace.  The 150m and 100m were relaxed and not all out.   

Body felt ok, except for the usual foot soreness, but no ham, quad, or groin issues... thankfully.   This sets up some speed work and acceleration work this week.   Alan is giving me workout advice.  He suggests 6x60 with a few block starts next time and no consecutive days.  So I'll probably do Tue and Sat this week.    

Beautiful weather next 4 days.  70º sunny.  

Weight is coming down slowly.  142.8 lbs after workout.


1 comment:

  1. Good weather and good times ..... an excellent combination!!

    ReplyDelete