Saturday, January 7, 2023

10x100m tempo on turf

Almost didn't train today due to some soreness, but did anyway.  Felt ok.  I did a bike climb and some floor exercises in the early afternoon, then I decided to go to Marist to train.  Finding the field empty, I took advantage of the turf.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2x100

10 x 100m w/ 30 sec rest on turf ~ 17 sec

I started out conservatively in these 100m runs at about 18.  But I ran the last 5 in 17 low and the last one in 15.7.  I was then going to run stairs after but my foot hurt after one flight, so I stopped.  

There was an elite 16 yr old miler training there.  I watched her do 2x4x200 in 35 w/ 35 sec rest.   Her mother was training her.  She then did a set of 4x400 in about 76 avg with one min rest.  What a beast.  I looked her up, she is the top HS miler in GA, is soon to break 5 min, has run 17:39 in the 5k, 10:50 in the 2 mile.   

Splurged a bit on the diet after the meet on Friday, so I ate better today.  139.4 lbs after workout.

Weather looks bad tomorrow, will try to get back out on Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment