Sunday, July 24, 2022

600, 300, bike climb, swimming

A little behind in my posting.  Fri and Sat were some of the hottest days of the year with heat indexes in the upper 90ºs.   Friday I did track, Sat ... was swim in the morning, bike climb in the afternoon. Today, Sunday, will be back on the track.  It's been good to get out in the heat to train, but limiting in volume and what I can do.  This is due mostly to the need to get back home by early evening to watch the World Championships from Hayward.  Today is the last day and I'll definitely be going through withdrawl... it's been wonderful.   Easily the greatest track meet ever held on American soil and in the greatest venue.  If you missed it, sorry for you.  What a spectacle ... history being made.  

Friday at 2:20 pm, Sewanee was about 89º, heat index 98º.   Here's Friday...

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 100m

100m - 17.1

600m - 1:49.07 (35.71, 37.26, 36.10 / 72.97, 36.10

300m - 47.59 

The 600m was slow, probably 2:28 pace or so.  I didn't kill myself and ran the 300m afterward with only several min rest.  That was hard.  I just wanted to get the 600m in and complete it despite the heat.  Fortunately, the weather in Lexington for Nationals should be ok, only in the low 80ºs.   

Was 138.5 lbs after workout, but ate quite a bit on Saturday.  Dinner out on Friday night with friends and dinner out Sat. afternoon.  

Saturday, celebrated Roya's birthday and after swimming in the morning, we went out for some Jamaican jerk chicken in the mid afternoon, giving us and small window for biking before the track meet.  So, I climbed up Roark's cove Rd. on the bike.  

If my foot holds up ok, I'll do another 600 this afternoon and hopefully, more.  Should be warm, but not as hot as Friday, heat index about 90º.




No comments:

Post a Comment