Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Back to the quiet, maybe finished for the season

Such a contrast.  Sewanee seemed so amazingly quiet yesterday.   After last night's full moon then storms,  a beautiful morning fog.

Yesterday, I swam across the lake, did some water running, biked up the mountain, and went to the weight room.  Didn't do much in the weight room but some light leg curls, glute, and abductor machine.   I can still feel the injury much more than expected, now 5 days after the 400m final.  I do think it will improve enough before Nationals to run an 800m, but should I?   I've not been training regularly on the track since before I ran at Hayward on June 26, 17 days ago.   So, I've definitely lost fitness.  I thinking I should probably shut it down for the season.   As a general rule, if I can feel the injury water running, I shouldn't be running on the track.  I also have gained about 2 lbs.  142 lbs this morning.

I'm planning to bike up Raccoon mountain on Thurs and spend the night on the river.  If I'm not running by the weekend without constraints, I'm going to call it a season.  It's been a bittersweet season.  After being #1 in the world in the 400m previous 2 years, it's tough to fall behind, but still may finish the season ranked about 7th in the world, not too bad for my B-game.  I enjoyed the trip to Finland, I knew it would be tough to get a medal, but the highlight of the season was probably running at Hayward.  

Will do a photo dump of Finland in an upcoming post.

Home...







No comments:

Post a Comment