Thursday, July 14, 2022

Not giving up, yet

Went to the track yesterday before my bike climb and it went ok.  I can run slowly without any issues.  So, I'm still considering diving back into 2 more weeks of training in an effort to get ready to race the 800m at Nationals.  It really depends on how the body responds to the training, so I'm still uncertain, but I'll try.  

I've lost some fitness but my weight is starting to come back down, just under 142 this morning.  This evening, planning the big bike climb up Raccoon Mtn.  I'll start every other day track workouts on Friday or Sat.  Nothing fast, probably long intervals from 300s to 600s.  

Yesterday, just did my standard warmup and some 100s on turf, untimed.

Hoka trainers on

stretches, drills, 2 x 100m

4 x 100m on turf w/ 20 sec rest ~ 18-19 

bike climb up Roark's Cove Rd

Really beautiful here and super quiet.  Looking forward to a night on the river and meeting some friends in Chattanooga on Friday.  

Also looking forward to the 10 days of track and field starting Friday as the IAAF World Championships will be airing on NBC and affiliated channels.  Same track I ran on a few weeks ago, Hayward Field.  

No comments:

Post a Comment