Tuesday, February 18, 2020

tempo 300s

Foggy and damp, 53º ... thanks to weather radar, was able find a break in the rain to get my workout in around 10am, earlier than usual.   Did my first set of 4x300m of the training season.  Not particularly fast but, mission accomplished.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 300m w/ 2:30min rest - 50.5, 50.5, 53, 53
I really wanted to complete 4 so I set my bar low, pacing goal of 51 and bit more generous rest at 2:30 min.   Of course the last one was really hard as usual, but I left feeling not beaten, like I could've done more.  The main thing is I'm healthy and will up the intensity as the training season goes on.   I've not done 3x week workouts on the track for a consistent time since '18, so it's a good start.

I also did weights Sunday and Monday, I switched from glute machine to single leg squats to save my back, and I felt a little sore from the squats Sunday.  Monday night I got back on the stairmaster for 25 min and did some weights and stretching. 

I'm getting serious now about losing this fat, eating real well, intermittent fasting.  144.7 after workout.

Meet Schedule
I've posted a tentative race schedule in the sidebar.   I was actually thinking I might try and race in April if I felt like it. Berry has a meet on April 11.  I can't race in Sewanee 4/17 because my student scheduled a concert that night.   I'll see how I feel in 6 weeks.  Last yr, 5 guys ran over 56 in the Berry meet so I wouldn't be too far behind.  I'd be thrilled to break 58 first time out, elite for M60. 

USATF GA scheduled their masters /open association meet on, May 30 - a week after the Atlanta Relays, a very hyped open / masters event.  That would mean racing 3 weekends in a row.   I still haven't heard when the AL assoc. meet will be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment