Sunday, February 16, 2020

Foundation 800s

In Atlanta at the Marist track, was forecast to be 58º and sunny today, actual: 44º, cloudy, damp, rain ending, wet track.   Fortunately no wind.

This was somewhat of a recovery run workout.  A decent work out but didn't kill myself.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 800m w/ about 5-6 min rest - 2:43, 2:51.5
I'm probably in about the same shape as I was in Sept. when I was doing 2x800m foundation workouts before plantar fasciitis took me out for 3 months.  It's really the beginning of a long process and I have to keep chipping away.  It's going to take months to get back, but I have time.  13 weeks til first race, 20+ weeks til Nationals.  The good news is that I'm healthy, able to tolerate track workouts with no problems 3x per week.  My feet are better than they have been in a while.  I shouldn't expect to be turning the same times in interval workouts I was before my championships in '15-'17, at least not for 12 weeks or so.   This is the longest I've not raced since I started masters track, it's been 17 months.

In the not too near future, with nice weather, I'm going to be tempted to put spikes on and see where I am for a 300 or 400.

Looks like steady rain predicted for my next workout day on Tues, but temps in the 50ºs.  I could either take my rest day Monday and run in the rain Tues, or cross train Tues, or... go out tomorrow without a day's rest since it's supposed to be very nice weather on Mon.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment