Tuesday, February 11, 2020

200s, 150s

46º damp and foggy in Sewanee today.  At least there was no wind or rain.  Fog wasn't too bad, visibility about 80m, I've seen it much worse.   My first set of 200s, did them conservatively so as to complete the workout.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warm up, stretches, drills 
4 x 200m w/ 75 sec rest - 32.5, 33, 33, 32.5 (track) 
6 x 150m w/ 50 sec rest ~ 25 (turf)
I ran the 200s in lane 8, in both directions.  Didn't want to get too fatigued to finish 4.  I probably could have done 5 but I saved some for the 150s.   Would eventually like to work back to a standard of where I was doing 4x200 w/ 60sec rest in under 30 avg.   That'll take time, but this is a start.  I was also 5 lbs lighter and 4 yrs younger when I was doing that.  After a relatively lazy day on Mon, save for a light one set weight workout Mon. night, I was a bit heavy for this workout... 147.5 lbs.

Pretty healthy now, save for a little lower back soreness, maybe because of weights.  I think this 'Sun, Tues, Friday' training schedule on the track will be what I'll stick with, but in addition to weights, probably need to supplement with some additional cardio stuff, like stairmaster or water running.  Weather looks ok for Friday and Sunday, but cold on Friday, mid 30ºs.

146.6 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment