Friday, February 14, 2020

500s, 300

Cold but sunny, an occasional north wind blowing, about 33º at the Sewanee track.  It was an exhausting workout despite the relative low volume.  Just felt harder than it should have.  Not yet close to the shape I was in 2 yrs ago.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 500m - 84, 87.5 
300m - 48
I was expecting to run 2 or 3 500s at about 83.  Not even close.  It's going to take some time.   There was a time I could run a 500m in 73 low in spikes less than 2 yrs ago.  First one today was about 66.5/17.5, second one, a gust hit me in the face on the second turn and slowed me to 70/17.5.  It was pretty humbling to run that slow with that much effort.  I finished with a stiff 300m and was going to run a second one but bailed.   The good thing is at least I'm healthy and everything is ok.  Maybe the cold and wind was a factor, or maybe because I had a very light day of eating yesterday... but at least I'm getting lighter.  144.3 lbs after workout. 

Not sure what to do on Sunday.  I was doing some 2x800m foundation workouts last Sept. and maybe I need to do at least one of those a week for a while.  Feel like I need more long sprint foundation, not sure that extensive tempo alone will do it.  Taking a month off is like starting from scratch.

 This is going to be hard.  It always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment