Thursday, February 6, 2020

Stadium stairs

At MTSU on Wed, was able to get in a stadium stair workout just before the big rain.  It was fairly warm, almost 60º.

It was really hard.  I hadn't done this workout in more than a year I think, and it was grueling.

Hoka trainers on, 200m warmup stretches, drills 
15 x stadium stairs

It was hard because I ran the first few at full sprint, I took significant rest after each group of 3, including a bathroom break after 8.  Even so, it definitely produced a type of fatigue I've haven't felt in while.  Not so much a cardio workout, more of a strength workout that left my legs shaking.   My calves are the most sore today, moreso than quads, which I expected. 

I may do a light shake out workout on Friday, but it's supposed to be brutally cold, below freezing and windy, so my next real track workout may not be until Sunday, when it's forecast to be mid 50s and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment