Friday, January 17, 2020

Running!

Back to running after three days off.  This was somewhat of a turning point and hopefully, I will be 'all in' for sprint training as of now.  I was a bit hesitant on whether I should wait a few more days before running because of a slight lingering soreness in my heal, but I went ahead anyway.  It was fine.  In fact, my feet feel better after the workout.  As I've said before, the body needs to adjust to the action.  We'll see how the feet feel tomorrow and in the coming days.

I stayed on grass for more 100m sprints.  Today was the kind of typical winter day I've trained in 100 times... cloudy, breezy, cold, but not freezing... 45º. 

Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 6 x 100m - 16 - 16.5 sec/ with one min in between reps, 400m walk between sets

So, on the last of twelve 100m sprints, really just striders, I switched over to stopwatch and I went hard and sprinted, finished it in 13.98.   Not bad for not 100%, in trainers, on soft turf, into the wind, and after 11x100m.  This type of workout is not anywhere near the pain of longer tempo intervals with short rest.  It's a little hard, but just an appetizer for the pain yet to come.  Maybe 2x8 nest time.

I took yesterday kind of off, save for a relaxed bike ride, some pushups, and pullups.  Wednesday night, I did 3 x 25 hip flexor machine plus some adds and abds and abs (yes, they are different).  Tonight, I'll be at the gym again.

Weight is nominal mid 144s after workout. 

UPDATE:
Did another glute superset tonight.  Didn't try to 'one up' myself, same as before.  750 (2x375) reps on that machine is enough, takes all of an hour.  I'll probably take Sat off as I am traveling and maybe do some core work on Sunday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment