Saturday, January 25, 2020

150s

Seems like forever since I did a workout, but it has only been 3 days.  I went to the track today and measured a 150m straight diagonally across the turf.  It's easy to remember because it from lane 4 on the track across the field to lane 4 on the other side.  Exactly a 150m straight. 

It was a typical winter day in Sewanee, 36º but it felt a little colder since it was cloudy but thankfully not windy. 
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 6 x 150m w/ 1 min rest, about 12 min between sets  ~ 24.5 - 25 sec
400m cool down jog, 200m backward running 
So, extensive tempo.... twelve 150s, not fast about 33-34 sec 200m speed.  This was by design because the last time I was out, I 'felt something' in my L quad when pushing the last rep... and the next day it was sore, a definite strain.  Not a bad strain, because 3 days later, it's gone, but I didn't want to reinjure it and create a problem.  Like Bob Lida once said, if you haven't sprinted in a while it takes a while to get the muscles and tendons accustomed to it because they're stiff, like leather.  I basically revealed a weakness and I know exactly how to fix it.  Dr. LaPrade told me to take it easy on leg extensions, so now that I've healed, I need to do more leg extensions and explosive band work on the extenders.  I some last night and today before I ran to make sure there wasn't a lingering strain before I went out.

Notice.. I've not yet mentioned plantar fasciitis.  I really think I'm just about over it.  Only feel it slightly after waking up and not at all in my workouts.  I want to make sure it's gone before cranking up the speed and running turns on the track.  I'm thinking 2 more workouts on grass. 

I'm going to ramp up the frequency of running workouts going out again on Tues, so that'll be with 2 days rest then again on Friday.  I'll be in Murfreesboro a week from Tues so that might be my first track workout or maybe stadium stairs.  I need to do some stadium stairs, they are really good for quads. 

This workout was good but not gut busting.  If I had done 2x8 w/ 1 min rest, or simply cut the rest by 15 sec, that would be on the verge of gut busting.  Anyway, it's 1800m of volume which is good.  I've been 'one upping' myself each workout.  I don't think anymore volume is necessary, so maybe I'll start knocking off the rest, eventually increasing the speed.  I'd like to be back to doing 4 x 300s and 200s next month.  Those are alway a good bench mark. 

Weight is up a tad due to 3 days off: 145.2 lbs after workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment