Wednesday, January 8, 2020

bike, stairmaster, lighter

Feeling better after a long sleep last night.  Been a while since I got 8 hrs.  I dipped under 145lbs for the first time after my bike ride this afternoon.   Eating really small and losing the fat. 

Gym tonight, I did stairmaster for the first time this year, 25 min hill program.  A good sweat and the feet felt fine.  I also did 2 sets of (hip) adductors and abductors.   I think the hip joint, like the shoulder, needs a balance of exercise and I shouldn't neglect the ads and abds.   Easy to focus on the forward and back - glutes and hip flexors, but need the sideways stuff to for a healthy ball and socket joint.  Found out the hard way as a kid how not to develop the shoulders. 

I'm making some changes to my diet.  Basically, I want to eat more raw vegetables with my protein, usually chicken or seafood, and I'm drinking an alkaline balanced water (from an Ehm pitcher/filter).  I had been eating at Corelife on my visits to Mufreesboro.  I have a large bowl of chicken broth with raw chopped kale, broccoli, ginger, and other vegetables with spicy grilled chicken on top and some hard boiled eggs and a little quinoa.  Pretty balanced and good. 

I think it will be good to drink some alkaline water in the morning instead of 3 or 4 cups of acidic coffee (all coffee is generally acidic, pH about 5).  And, drink more alkaline green and herbal tea.   Some science suggests alkaline diet may help growth hormone, muscle building, vitamin assimilation, and cellular health... but the science is not particularly convincing or conclusive. 

Still though, I really have a long way to go.  I'm not coming close to the bike circuit times I was doing in June, but maybe that's a lack of effort and pacing.  I'm simply not a natural when it comes to cardio fitness.  I have to work for every little bit of it.  But, I am increasing strength, getting lean, and stretching daily.  I don't know what I'd do without my hot tub. 






No comments:

Post a Comment