Wednesday, May 16, 2018

quality long sprints - 5,4,3,2

On the track at MTSU with Jacob.  A few MTSU elites were there including Janet.  It was nice, upper 70ºs and cloudy, medium humidity.

We did hard long sprints with nearly full rest in between.  It was made even harder for me since I did over an hour of work on my feet around my house, mowing and pressure washing, just before.
Hoka trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
500m - 79.5 
400m - 61.5 
300m - 43.5 
Puma spikes on 
200m - 25.5
All sprints were run with a three step flying start (as usual).  Decided to let it rip on the last 200m and put the spikes on, gave Jacob a head start and almost caught him.  He was a huge motivator for me.  Was with me on every last 100m.  The first 500m I started too fast, ran the first 100 in about 14 and my last 100 was about 17.5.  The 400m felt a bit better, more even.

I look at this and think, 'wow ...  amazing how exhausting 4 sprints can be.'   Still overweight.  145.2 after workout.  Should be in the 142s after a hard workout.  But, this is really early season.   I could race a hand-timed all comers next Tues, not sure if I will.  Still planning to race in 11 days at ATL Relays.


No comments:

Post a Comment