Tuesday, March 13, 2018

shake out

At the MTSU track for a light workout.  50º, sunny, and windy.  Was a bit achy from the Sunday speed work so I did a long warmup, and a few light runs, didn't take off my sweats.
Hoka trainers on 
800m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 50m strides 
200m - 30 / 1 min rest / 100m on grass - 15 
100m stride on grass 
Felt really sluggish and achy in the feet and a bit in the hips when I started...  but felt better after the warmup, and will continue to heal over the next few days.  May go out tomorrow and do something similar.  Still don't feel like I did last year when I was rippin' 39 sec 300s a week before Daegu.  But it is what it is, 5 months of training this season and 8 yrs of masters track is taking a toll on my almost 58 yr old body.   Low expectations for Nationals.

145.5 lbs after workout.   Inexplicably heavy today, probably because of the big meal at the Mexican restaurant last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment