Monday, March 26, 2018

forward: upcoming season / goals

As I continue cross training and weights, no substitute for track workout but better than nothing, I'm trying to put down some goals, meets, etc.  Having goals is motivational and keeps a structure to my training.

I hope to try to do my first track workouts in 2 weeks, maybe the weekend after next 4/7 I'll give it a try.  My foot is recovering but far from normal.

My first possible meet, and I really won't be in shape for it, would be the Nashville Masters meet May 5.   It might give me an idea of where I am and how far I have to go.   Masters Outdoor Nationals are late this yr, weekend of July 28 ... 15+ weeks away.  In the meantime, there are a number of meets I could run in.  There's the Atlanta Relays, USATF Assoc. meet in GA, Senior Games, etc... Many of these meets are 'all ages events' ... which are pretty crazy with all the people, a lot of standing around and waiting.   Here's a sample of some options, not that I will run in all or any of these... but as I said, goals are good:

May 5 - Nashville Masters
May 26-27 - Atlanta Relays
June 2-3 - SE Masters Birmingham
June 8-9 - AL State Games - Huntsville
June 23-24 - TN State Finals
July 27-29 - USATF Masters Nationals

-----------

Weights tonight, 4th day in row in the gym:


Dynamic stretches
glute machine, each leg 
60 x 280 lbs 
50 x 325 lbs 
50 x 340 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment