Saturday, March 24, 2018

Cross training

Tues, Fri, Sat., and Sun I've been cross training on the bike and lifting.  Generally doing hill and interval programs on the bike, stairmaster, and glute and hip flexor stuff with weights.  My butt is sore after the single squats: 2 x 15 w/ 80 lbs

If I hadn't run that 200m final at Indoor Nationals, I'd probably be well enough to race in the coming weeks, but that is now several weeks away and I'll miss the college season most likely.  No point in trying to run til I'm healthy.   No deadlines.  It still hurts to do heel raise and walk long distances.

I should be ok to do some hiking in about 2 weeks as it's almost wildflower season here in the South Cumberland.   I have a great life, but I'll truly miss the once a year opportunity to run a few spring outdoor college meets.  The outdoor college season is so short.  5-6 weeks.

Goals are important and I hope to be regularly training on the track by early May and racing by mid June.  Maybe Nationals in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment