Tuesday, February 27, 2018

split 700

Third day in a row on the track, sunny mid 50ºs, and breezy at the Sewanee track.  I did a similar workout before Daegu and this wasn't that much slower, but I did more volume then.  So, I'm encouraged and happy my feet have held up to 3 out of 4 days on the track.  Still nothing really race pace but soon.
Hoka trainers on 
350m warmup, stretches, drills 
'split 700' 500m - 81.5 / 90 sec rest / 200m in 31.5 
200m - 27
The final 200 of my split 700 was a bit slow but into a wind. I really felt the lactic burn at the end of that 200 after the 500.  Want to see time pass fast?  Give yourself a minute or 90 sec after a 500 then run a 200.  I did 82 / 29  split 700 in March last yr.  After, I rested and ran a brisk 200m concentrating on form.  I really have to remind myself to relax and stretch out my strides and cover more ground.

After yesterday's workout, I thought it would be questionable to workout today but the pain level was not bad at all.  I've stopped wearing the inserts in my shoes because they don't seem to help and put more pressure on my plantar area since my shoes seem to have adequate arch support alone.

Off from the track Wed. and Thurs., maybe I'll get in the weight room or on the bike on Thurs.  I think it's coming together, wish I was racing this weekend at Berry but too risky.   I'm hoping to be able to run some fast next week, some 50s and 150s and a 300m event run.  Still won't put the spikes on though.  Made myself eat a bit more so I'm 142.5 lbs after workout.

At my little corner of the quiet track.  Rollin' those hams.




No comments:

Post a Comment