Monday, February 5, 2018

3x3 w/ 2

Sunny and 36º with not much wind, felt fine for a t-shirt for this brief tempo workout in Sewanee.  I had elaborately taped my foot for this workout but after 250m of a warmup jog, I removed it.  It seemed to make it worse.
Hoka trainers on 
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
3 x 300m w/ 2 min rest - 47, 48, 49.5
Have run this workout faster and when looking back, I am amazed at the volume I had been putting in just a year ago.  More than twice as much as I did today.  I guess that's what is necessary to run 1.5 seconds faster for the 400.   This was better than the same set I ran 2 weeks ago.  But I have previously been in good enough shape to run 4 of these w/ 2 min rest.  Today, no way.  The last one was a very hard effort to get it below 50.   I was on my knees afterward.

It was about all my foot could take as I am going to be back out tomorrow, probably take Wed and Thurs off, then back out Friday, meet Sunday.

145.3 after workout.  I expect to slim down a lot this week since I have to fast for annual blood work.

No comments:

Post a Comment