Tuesday, February 6, 2018

neg split 400 / 120s

42º cloudy, misty and damp in Sewanee.  The track was steaming this morning as rain evaporated off.  Not much wind and the fog/mist clearing, so it was good weather to train.

The foot felt much better this morning and I was hoping I was beginning to see some improvement.  It definitely is improving but still not good as I noticed in my warmup jog.   But, after warmup stretches, it was ok.  Went from ok, to pain, back to ok in time to get this second consecutive day done, although a very minimal workout.
Hoka trainers on  
300m warmup, stretches, drills 
400m negative split - 60.5 (30.5 / 30) 
3 x 120m w/ 30 sec rest - 17, 17.5, 18.5
I did the 120s on the straight to save the foot.  Considering 2 days in a row on the track, the foot feels ok.  So much better than Sat. after the race.  I may even go out tomorrow early if it's not raining.

145.0 lbs after workout.   Going to be getting really lean this week due to a blood work fast.



No comments:

Post a Comment