Sunday, February 18, 2018

bike

I think I'll hold off til tomorrow before I try to run.  I got a great workout on the bike yesterday and I think I'll continue with that.   Alan T. told me he trains on the bike, and he's world class.  Theron recently suggested it and I think it's a good idea.  I just need to learn how to use the bike.  The gym has 2 types, a Cybex and a Lifestyle.

I was on the Cybex and chose the speed workout.  It basically was a sprint interval workout where I sprint all out for 15 sec. with 45 sec slow pedaling rest.  I did 2 sets of 8 of these and it was tough.  It pushed my heart rate to over 160, something that I don't get from pool running.

Afterward, I did a set of squats and glute machine.
Stretches 
Cybex bike - 2 x 8 x15 sec sprints w/ 45 sec rest  
single leg squats - 10x each leg w/ 80 lbs 
glute machine - 60x each leg w/ 280 lbs
I went to the Sewanee indoor meet.  Smallest college track meet I've ever seen.  Some events had just 2 people, they ran the men and women's 3000m together, 2 men and 2 women... the pair of women ran together and were chatting all during the race.    By the time the 4x400 relays were run, 2 teams for the men and 3 for the women, I was one of 6 total spectators left.  They canceled the last event, the DMR.

I talked with several people about plantar fasciitis.  Jeff said stretching was the key, Mary said rolling the foot on ice, and several said just takes time.

I must say it feels much better but I don't want to push it.  I will go out tomorrow and run a little on grass to test it.  After tomorrow, my next opportunity to train on the track is Friday, so it will be a light week.

I really wished I could have raced in this meet, would have been fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment