Sunday, August 30, 2015

It goes away fast

First time on the track in 2 weeks, and it was a little clunky.  Some tightness and aches, and feeling the 4 lbs I've gained with my rampant eating since the season ended.  Definitely need to get back on the glucosamine.

Back to the ole Sewanee track and it was quiet, cool... upper 60ºs, and nice.   Warmed up, stretched and ran some brisk 150s for form, untimed.
Saucony trainers on 
600m warmup, stretches, drills 
4 x 150m @ about 85%
Walked 250m in between.  Felt pretty tiring, not the way it would have felt 3 weeks ago.   Feels like I'd be hard pressed to run a sub 60 400m right now.   400m fitness goes away fast, in a matters of a few weeks.

I didn't pack my timer, felt naked at the track without it.   But I think for the next 6 weeks or so, I'll limit my track work to once a week or so and start doing long stuff.

Just 14 weeks to the first indoor meet, 26 weeks to Indoor Nationals!


No comments:

Post a Comment