Thursday, August 6, 2015

Final workout

Pretty short and simple workout.  My final of the season.  Felt good.

Occurs to me that I have been at this now for 13 months - (due to those silly fall "Sr Games" events).  I've been training almost continuously since August '14 when I was doing foundational long sprint repeats and weights.  I kind of took a break in Feb and scaled back a bit, but came out in early March and ran a PR 200m.  Even after the injury on 3/29, I still continued to work, taking off only 5 days after that horrendous hip flexor tear.  I learned how to rehab.  Learned how to run a 400m.  Found a way to get faster as I get older.   The track has been a good place for me to be, truly a lifestyle, a challenge.

I took it easy today.  I ran in my Olympic Team USA speed suit supplied by the USATF.  Beautiful but humid, high 70ºs at the Dean Hayes track.   I got to share the track with 2 female sprinters from Ghana who will be racing in the African Championships soon.  They run similar times to mine in the 400/200m.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 60m striders 
Saucony spikes on 
3 x 30m from blocks 
200m event run from blocks (~400m race pace) - 25.75 
3 x 30m from blocks
Better eat something, too light... 141.4 after workout.  Off to France tomorrow for the World Championships, let the adventure begin.

It fits!




No comments:

Post a Comment