Friday, April 24, 2015

long up tempo

Today reminded me how much I hate running an 800m.   Pleasant conditions at the Dean Hayes track, mid 60ºs and sunny.   I didn't have much time so I ran up tempo long stuff.
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:30 
600m - 1:48 
400m - 64
Did a resistance work last night that included some squat jumps with 90 lbs.  Don't feel as strong as I did when I was doing those regularly, but I managed 3 sets of 15 along with hip flexor work.   My injury is naggingly ever present.  I notice it whenever my 100m pace goes below 15sec.  I guess I just need patience, but damn, it's been 4 weeks now.

Equipment
I returned the Brooks Ghost trainers I bought and ordered some Saucony Triumph Isos.   The upper on the Brooks didn't feel right.  The Trimph Isos were the highest rated shoe by Runners World and I feel comfortable buying these sight unseen since I've trained in Saucony for 5+ yrs.  In the mean time I put some gel pads in my old Saucony Rides.

 I really don't want to run an 800m race next weekend.  I might whimp out.  Seeded myself at 2:25 which is optimistic.


2 comments:

  1. You DEFINITELY do not need to run next week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An 800m is safe right now I think.

    ReplyDelete