Monday, April 20, 2015

600s n 400s

Yesterday's storms paved the way for some cool weather, perfect for training, although a bit windy.   60º and mostly cloudy today at the Sewanee track.   The ankle was a little sore due to the volume I've been putting in so I scaled back a little, ran half the workout opposite direction (right turns) and brought the speed up slightly.   Still running about as fast as a 75 yr old woman (literally) and shying away from limited rest tempo work.   I think I can be ready for that soon.   I am not in shape and I dread the possibility of racing an 800m in 2 weeks.   Well, Jeremy Wariner did it... and Bolt, Blake, and Dix all ran 400s this yr.  Be hard pressed to break 2:30.
500m warmup, stretches, drills 
2 x 600m - 1:56, 1:57 
3 x 400m - 70, 67.5, 65.5
Thought about doing one more, but better to finish strong and walk away.   I only feel the injury when I try to push faster than 15 sec 100m pace, and in accelerations.  I guess I'm doing ok since it is just over 3 weeks since the injury.





No comments:

Post a Comment