Tuesday, February 3, 2015

resistance and time off

Did a really good glute machine workout last night in Sewanee.  Did the 150 lb stack with 100 lbs of added dumbells for a total of 250 lbs - 3 x 50 each leg.  I like this machine because it doesn't engage the knee like most other glute machines/exercises do.

Due to some minor joint pain, I'm taking some time off the track.   I will probably skip the MTSU meet this weekend and perhaps race in Sewanee's 2 meets on 2/14 and 2/28, probably running the 55m and perhaps the 400m.   200m races on this 160m track are not safe.

I want to aim for my first outdoor meet on 3/13, then Vanderbilt's Black and Gold meet 2 weeks later.  Both on very good tracks.  So, hopefully I be back on the track in a week or so.  In the mean time, strength work will continue.

It's a long way to Aug.

No comments:

Post a Comment