Sunday, February 22, 2015

Intervals in the fog...


Typical Sewanee fog.  Visibility about 30m.  It was 38º when I got up and I thought, "ok, I'll wait and let it warm up a bit."  It didn't.   Just got colder so I headed out about noon in a pea soup fog.

As I rounded the track on my warmup lap, I was unpleasantly surprised to see the high jump pit laying across six lanes of the track.  Why would someone leave it there?  Being water logged, I wasn't even sure I could move it, but I dragged it off the track to find the space under it ... solid ice.  Geez.  Went back to the truck for a hammer.  I hammered about a foot wide path through the ice sheet in lane one and continued my warmup run.   I then had to move 1 large and 2 small lacrosse nets that had blown down on the track.  "Just give me lane one for gods sake," I said to myself.

I felt ok and I knew this workout would leave me sucking wind.  I did the same workout as last weekend and then some, but slower, especially that last 400m, felt pretty outta shape.  148 lbs this morning - heavy!
Saucony Ride trainers on 
400m warmup, ice hammering, stretches, drills 
3 x 400m w/ 2 min rest - 68.5, 69.5, 77 
min rest
3 x 100m w/ 2 min rest - 16, 15, 14
It felt good afterward.  Resting at my friend's house across the street, I really felt like going back to do more.  I hope to go back Tues., but it's supposed to snow tonight and then be about freezing for a few days.   If it's too bad, I'll go indoors and do short stuff.

Still planning to race a 55m this Sat., I need to lose a few lbs.


3 comments:

  1. ..train like your 25 at 55, soon will have joints like 85..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were training like I was 25, I'd be on the track 5 days a week, not 5 times in 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. recently you have moderated...but not on the glute machine :-)

    ReplyDelete