Saturday, February 7, 2015

Back to it

On the track for the first time in a week, the weather was ideal, 60º, sunny and breezy in Sewanee.   It felt warmer on the track.   Shirtless in Feb.... can't complain.

I did a quantity workout with recovery in between reps.   I started with an 800m ... which made me realize how quickly fitness disappears.   Even though it wasn't fast, I felt an aerobic lung burn and significant fatigue.   The following 400 felt better.
Saucony trainers on 
400m warmup, stretches, drills 
800m - 2:38 (74, 84) 
400m - 63 
3 x 300m - 44, 44.5, 45.5
I was out there a long time, resting in between, soaking up the sun, enjoying the day.   It was a good quantity workout although not a particularly serious effort, it was good to get back and see that I have a ways to go to get back to where I was.   Also, having gained a few lbs in the past week didn't help my speed either.   Probably about 146-147 lbs.

My training shoes are beginning to wear, I can feel a bit of burn on the outsides of my feet.   Mybe I can find an insert.

Weights tomorrow.

Feels like spring....



No comments:

Post a Comment